After reaching a set shape and logic of spatiality, the goal was to work this relationship between floor and ceiling with architectural accuracy and detail. The different levels had to be closely linked but entirely different when it came to their ambience and purpose. Another interesting development was the solving of the structure, metal rings linked by beams which sit like a Victorian dress on four walls and ten columns (six of them at the center of the project).
Everything was rescaled and redesigned to have greater comfort when walking, better options when pausing and resting, and to maximize the space possibly used for infrastructures and additional controlled exhibition areas.
The final design in this project comes from a combination of results from the original Python code. The standard grid of points was moved and rotated around the mid-point of the grid along the x and y axis. This created two different sets of spatial organisations between the dots. Meshing between these points revealed two interesting shapes.
The more captivating outcome, however, was when circles were used to join the points that would have been equidistant in the original, two-dimensional grid.
The interesting spatial configuration was not only the shapes themselves, but the residual space between them. The undulating surface works as a natural floor plan with gradual curvature, while the shape with more accentuated curves serves as a roof structure.
In the first assignment I brought some plans that showed a clear modular structure that had subtle varieties and explicit rhythm in its spatial configuration. With this in mind I aimed to replicate a simple element such as a rectangle or a triangle in different rotations but always in a modular fashion.
My initial experimentations developed into interesting meshes and rhythmic niches that were very useful for my project intentions. However, after the third or fourth variation I realised that these simple for loops were quite limited in their application for what I wanted.
After shifting my attention to right-angled triangles I decided to make and external layer that would serve as the entrance/exit to my plan. Identical on all four sides, it showed some interesting configurations that could direct circulation and exhibition. On the inside I attempted to create a situation as close to random as possible while still keeping a fixed rhythm and relationship between the elements.
Although I was held back somewhat by my limited Python skills, I found the result very interesting, especially considering these elements as small installation spaces with a lot of circulation between them; almost like a pavilion. For future endeavors, I plan to randomize the spatial configuration some more, as well as creating randomized scales of the same element, which could in turn give me some interesting Boolean differences and relationships with the site.